Wednesday, February 24

tower of fishes...

 
and

I’m not one to always put a sentiment on the front of a card that matches the challenge.
As in the case of this card I put the “Happy Birthday” sentiment from MFT Stamps “Beach Buds” on the inside of the card.
The base card is white car stock with a layer of kraft card stock.
Using a die from MFT Die-namics “Slimline Starter” I cut teal card stock.
To that I cut a rectangle of a piece that I created using a gel plate, Distress Oxide blueprint sketch, peacock feathers and cracked pistachio inks on white card stock.
Using more kraft card stock and the dies from MFT Die-namics “Stitched Cloud Edges” I made a ocean bottom and applied it with glue dots.
On more kraft card stock I stamped the seaweed using stamps from MFT Stamps “Beach Buds” with MFT kraft ink and colored them with Prismacolor pencils before I trimmed them out and added them to the card front.
With more white card stock I stamped the fish five times using MFT insulation pink ink and colored them with Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol and artist stumps.
These I cut out and applied in tower form to the card front with glue dots.
To finsih i stamped the sentiment from the same set using MFT chocolate brown ink.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun, and fabulous card Arlene - love your fish 'tower' - so original and beautifully executed
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fish tower is definitely fin-tastic! Cute concept and a whole lot of fun! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!