Sunday, August 30

The Library Challenge...True Crime


True crime is not always my go to read but whenever a book about Lizzie Borden comes out I am there!
This mystery has always fascinated me mainly because it was never solved.
A long time ago there was a stamp company called Bartholomew Ink that had many literature related stamps.
(You can still get some of the images at...
That is where I got my Lizzie.
I will be sending this card to a Children’s Librarian friend of mine who also is fascinated this Lizzie, she even went to her house!
The base card is black card stock.
On a piece of red card stock I stamped the Lizzie using StazOn jet black ink and shaded her a bit with black Prismacolor pencil.
I tore the edge of the card stock then applied white card stock under it and tore that.
This I glued to the base card.
Using another piece of white card stock I die cut the sentiment with a die from a  Love Nicole sentiment set and glued it to the card front.

How will you interpret the cover?
Please join us at The Library.

1 comment:

  1. An inspired choice and I bet a first for craft challenges! Your card is bold, fun and original. The colours and tearing are perfect for the cover and to have Lizzie wielding her axe....!!! So, did she do it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!