Saturday, August 1

Christmas Card Throwdown...August Sketch


What fun to find just the right patterned card stock in my stash for this card!
The base card is white card stock.
After folding the card in half I trimmed 3/4” off the front of the bottom.
To this I applied a strip of the one side of the patterned card stock.
Using a Martha Stewart penguin punch i cut along the edge of a strip of blue card stock and applied it to the front of the card.
From the patterned card stock using Tim Holtz “Stacked Tiles, Circles” dies I die cut the four circles for the sketch.
On a piece of the blue card stock I stamped the sentiment, unknown company, with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.
To finish I flag cut the bottom and foam squared it to the card.


6 comments:

  1. Your card is awesome. Just love the border punch with the penguins. I got the card in the mail today and that was so sweet so thank you for your thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. elle est si originale cette carte Arlene avec cette ribambelle de pingouins et ces flocons très modernes, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an elegant card, with a touch of drama. I love the colours - very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arlene Rose: hello, team-mate! I didn't know that you had used navy cardstock. I thought it was white and black. It still is elegant with a touch of whimsy with the penguins! Great wintry elements card and interpretation of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to use snowflakes in my circles. I’m glad I changed my mind. I really love how do you always came out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hit submit I forget I wanted to compliment you on the penguins water punch. I’ve never seen that before or I would have snatched it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!