Saturday, August 8

Christmas Card Throwdown...August Color


If you live in the Northeast United States then these colors look odd for a Christmas card, however...
I made my card thinking of my friends in Australia where the grass is growing and the skies are orange with sunlight!
The base card is green card stock with a layer of gold metallic card stock.
The main piece is white card stock that I stenciled using MFT Stencils “Grassy Edges” & “Cloud” along with Distress inks spiced marmalade & peeled paint.
This I applied to the card front then die cut the sentiment out of metallic gold card stock using a die from Tim Holtz “Christmas Ribbon”.




7 comments:

  1. Oh what a fabulous idea, I naively always think of Christmas as cold
    Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. First thing I thought of was the sun rising or setting with the orange in the background. That idea was one that I had and then I thought of the fox or Christmas bulbs as well. I just could not make any work. you did well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. quelle jolie inspiration Arlene, c'est original et il est vrai que l’Australie n'est pas blanche et verte pour Noel lol, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another, but very beautiful aspect of a Christmas card! When I lived in Africa, we had no Christmas tree, no snow and not even grass, only heat and dust! Santa Claus came by helicopter and I felt sorry for him, under his coat (even if it was made of light fabric) and his big beard! But the kids loved that, and that's what mattered! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arlene Rose: Hello, team-mate! Yes, you did well with this color trio! That was great to think 'outside the box' or in this instance to go to a different hemisphere and think of those friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful greeting card, as if the sun were walking across the meadow and wishing us happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice thinking of the sky on the other side of the globe! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!