Friday, June 5

Inspiration Board #397...


Just fell in love with this little cutie which reminded me of my granddaughter.
Since I needed a card for her I though I would make it interactive...the pinwheel turns!
The base card is black card stock.
The front piece is white card stock sponged with Distress Oxide peacock feathers, tea dye and pumice stone.
Using a sentiment from Close To My Heart “Floral Happiness” I stamped it at the bottom of the card with MFT Extreme black ink.
Then I drew a line with a American Crafts Precision black pen #05.
I die cut a small hole in this with one of my Lifestyle Crafts nesting circles, just a bit bigger than the button from Buttons Galore & More.
The center and the blades are images from Close To My Heart “Love and be Loved” using Distress Oxide inks fossilized amber and worn lipstick.
Using a slightly bigger circle die I cut out one with the stamped image in the center and another one. 
I trimmed out the blades and glued them to the back of the stamped circle.
I attached the plain circle to the button and placed it circle down on the front of the base card.
Next I applied foam tape around the outside edge of the main piece on the back and a piece just under the opening I had cutout.
This I taped over the button piece evenly on the base card.
To finish I attached the pinwheel to the button and now it spins!

How about joining us for this challenge?

7 comments:

  1. You nailed the colors! Nice sponging. Someone will know what “happiness is...” when they receive this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute, Arlene! I can see how you were inspired by the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card and your granddaughter will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cute - love the patterns on the pinwheel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pinwheel!! Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet photo and an even sweeter card Arlene - love how you have made the pinwheel to spin. I am sure your granddaughter will love it!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sponging! And the pinwheel really took my eye...
    Fabulous make for Color Dare!
    Susan Teamie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!