Saturday, June 27

Christmas Card Throwdown...June Technique


Well this challenge threw me for a loop!
I have been card making for over 50 years and never heard of ...
Once I looked it up I still wasn’t sure what to do.
So here is my offering.
The base card is white card stock with a red card stock layer.
On a small square I taped patterned paper strips and flag ended the before attaching them to the card front.
Next I die cut the sentiment using red card stock and 
MFT Die-namics  “Merry Christmas Circle Frame” and trimmed it in half before applying it to the front of the card.
Using silver snowflake stickers, a Santa sticker and red jewel dots I finished what I would call a cluster of embellishments!

PLEASE let me see what you can do with this challenge!
Join us and post your card.

4 comments:

  1. this must have really taken you out of your comfort zone Arlene - but you have done well, and it's a great result!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. elle est adorable cette carte Arlene, joyeuse et fun, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arlene Rose: Love your Christmas card! Your focal cluster is darling with Santa as the 'star' of the grouping! I also like that die-cut sentiment circle to help give a wonderful shape/line contrast to all your paper strips! The different mix of patterned strips makes for a FAB card. Thanks for conquering the technique very creatively!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Your little Santa is too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!