Tuesday, May 5

very old stamp set...


To be totally honest I have had this stamp set since it came out!
I tried it twice with inks I had and never really liked it.
But since this challenge called for a wreath I thought I’d try it with Distress Oxide inks...
Hooray!
I really like the coverage it has.
The card is cream linen card stock.
Using my Tim Holtz smaller stamping platform and Distress Oxide inks candied apple,  twisted citron and pine needles with Stampin’ Up’s “Wondrous Wreath” I made the wreath on the card.
Next on another piece of cream linen card stock I stamped the bow with Distress Oxide candied apple and cut it out with the coordinated die and foam squared it to the card front.
Under the wreath I stamped the sentiment from Stampin’ Up’s “Good Greetings” set with Distress Oxide pine needles ink.

5 comments:

  1. You've inspired me to give old stamp set a whirl...I love how well the Distress Oxides stamped. I might try them as well. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you managed to master this stamp Arlene - your resulting card is stunning.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for getting our new challenge underway, Arlene! Love, love, love your wreath - the colours look stunning. Thanks for joining Robyn and I at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love your color combo for this fab wreath! Very eye-catching!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous wreath Arlene, glad you gave that stamp another shot with the DOs - love you bright colours - looks great on the cream, just like on a front door. Thanks for playing along with Christmas Kickstart, Robyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!