Monday, May 11

get out that iron...



Since yesterday was Mother’s Day and I couldn’t get together with the kids I chose to watch Tim Holtz’s video from this past Saturday.
He reminded me of years ago when Distress Inks first came out and we used to crumple the card stock, unfold it, ink the high spots, spritz with water then IRON!
Yes, with an iron.
The best part is that now we can iron on our glass mats from Tonic Studios.
So that is how the background for this card was created with Distress ink hickory smoke.
To get the pink I sponged Distress spun sugar over it.
This I layered to dark grey card stock then a light grey card stock base card.
Using MFT Die-namics “Little Hello” I die cut the back fro the light grey and the front from the dark grey and glued them to the front.


2 comments:

  1. love this Arlene - you large ridges are wonderful - I tend to keep crumpling until I have small ones, but this is stunning! Loving the subtle pink accents.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - what a great way to create a unique back ground. I really would like to give this a go. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!