Monday, April 27

metallic look...

While under this isolation I have been watching the Saturday videos that Tim Holtz has done.
During one he used his new Distress glazes, these I did not have, but wondered if I could use Ranger embossing powders from years ago.
The base card is white card stock. 
On another piece of white card stock I used the Tim Holtz Flourish stencil that I colored through with Distress Markers seedless preserves and peeled paint and spritzed with water.
Once dry I taped this to a piece of green card stock and then to the front of the card.
Using the 3D Impresslit Medallion with black card stock I embossed them. Next I applied Versamark ink all over the medallion and heat embossed it with pink pearl embossing powder.
These I foam taped to the card front.
To finish I die cut the sentiment from Impression Obsession DIE174-W from green card stock and glued it to the front of the card.

6 comments:

  1. How beautiful, I love the rich color, I love the water color look from spritzing the markers. It is also a great interpretation of the sketch. Thank you for joining us as AHSC!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a fabulous result Arlene - loving the rich colours you have used and the texture on the medallions is stunning.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear you are experimenting with new techniques and using supplies on hand. This card came out great. Thank you for sharing with AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty medallions! Thanks for explaining how you did it and for sharing this lovely card with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. Hope you will join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful background panel!! Those videos are inspiring- I've watched a lot as well. The medallions are so unique. Very clever use of the embossing with color. Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! I love the colours, the background, everything...stunning! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!