Thursday, November 21

simple images...


Sometimes I like shading, sometimes I like detailed, sometimes I like water color, sometimes...well you get the idea.
In the case of this card I wanted simple images.
The base card is white card stock with a layer of DCWV white on kraft card stock.
With the image of the poinsettias from Newton’s Nook Designs “Poinsettia Blooms” I stamped them to a piece of white card stock with StazOn jet black ink.
This I placed on my light box and taped a piece of water color paper on top.
Turned on the light box and colored the image with Derwent Inktense pencils before floating the colors with water and a brush.
This I trimmed it with scissors.
Next I stamped the sentiment from the same set with Gina K Designs kraft ink and die cut it with a die from MFT Die-namics “Stitched Rectangle STAX”.
This piece I glued to the card front then added the poinsettias with foam squares.


4 comments:

  1. Lovely Poinsettias and they sit very nicely against the white and Kraft side panel, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our Christmas Flowers theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely project. Thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and stylish card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!