Monday, September 2

snakey...


There is a story behind this card so I will try and be brief.
Every Summer since we have been watching our Granddaughter we have had a family of little snakes under the front steps.
Since she was old enough to speak every time she saw one she called it “snakey”.
Unfortunately with the very odd weather this year she has not seen one snakey.
She just needed to have a card to remind her.
The base card is black card stock with a layer of orange card stock.
On the computer with Word I printed out the “snakey” background.
Next I printed out the snake from Bugaboo Stamps “Tall Jungle Blocks” set and colored it with ZSCM markers.
After trimming out the rectangle (this is my shape) snake block I applied it to the card front with foam squares




4 comments:

  1. Oh Arlene what a fabulous card - and I love the story behind it :).
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card love the long slithery snake and the tale behind the card, thank you for joining in at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet idea. I hope she loved her 'snakey' reminder. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful story. Your card is so adorable and so personal, something she can cherish always!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!