Monday, September 23

first day of Autumn...


The first day of Autumn always reminds me of my Dad.
he would bundle Mom and I into the car for a ride to look at leaves.
sadly I never wanted to go.
Being a kid I would have rather stayed at home playing with my friends.
Now I can truly appreciate the enjoyment he got from the long Sunday drives.
The base card is beige card stock. The black card stock layer was run through the BigKick with Sizzix Tim Holtz 3-D Texture Fades “Lumber” (remember to run it through three times for a better impression).
On a strip of the beige card stock I stamped the verse from Stamper’s Anonymous Cling Stamp “Saying Stuff” with StazOn jet black ink.
On a piece of white card stock I did a “Direct to Paper” technique with Colorbox inks then die cut them with Sizzix Tim Holtz “Fall Foliage” dies and glue dotted them to the front of the card.



1 comment:

  1. How beautiful Arlene - and how often as adults we begin to appreciate things we resented as children... often when it is too late to apologise.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!