Monday, May 13

in dreams...


Some of the most beautiful feminine books I ever read was about geisha.
They are truly feminine.
The base card is white card stock with a layer of black card stock.
The main piece is water color paper.
On a piece of white card stock I stamped the Penny Black “full bloom” image they taking it on my light box I placed the water color paper over it at different angles and colored them with colors from Derwent Inktense pencils.
Next i water colored it with a water color brush.
Once dry I stamped the Penny Black verse using StazOn jet black ink.
The edges were sponged with Distress ink and it was taped to the front of the card.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with what you say about Geisha, one book I always remember is 'Memoirs of a Geisha', a lovely story. And your card is so pretty and feminine, thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More May challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Arlene, and I love how you made the most of the background stamp by duplicating it over the light box.!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful. Love those colours
    I love books set in Japan. There is a new one The Woman in the White Kimono - could be for you.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!