Thursday, May 23

backward coloring...


Did you ever color and image with alcohol pens and turn it over...

I was curious about how to get this soft, almost water color effect.
The way I achieved it was to print the Bugaboo Stamps “Bubbles Birthday Presents” onto white card stock using a light grey choice of ink on my ink jet printer.
Then I just colored as a normal no-line coloring with my Chameleon pens.
When they were dry I drew in the eyes and mouth then trimmed out “Bubbles”.
The base card is green card stock with a layer of pink card stock.
The black card stock was run through the BigKick with Cuttlebug’s “Happy Birthday” embossing folder.
Then I glue dotted “Bubbles” to the front of the card.


5 comments:

  1. Clever work with the computer to get your 'no line colouring' technique !! A sweet card Arlene
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea with your no line colouring and I love your cute Mr Man against the embossed black background. Lovely design!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, how adorable is this? I love that smile and the black with pink - perfect! Thanks for sharing at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card is cute. And I love the smart technique. Great to see you in the ATSM gallery. Hope to see you again soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!