Saturday, April 13

peace on earth day...


This challenge required using something from my recycle basket!
There is a wonderful quilt shop in town that I love and they have these wonderful bags that look like old newspapers.
The base card is black card stock with a layer of kraft card stock.
the next layer is black card stock that I ran through the BigKick with Sizzix 3-D “Winter Snowflakes” embossing folder.
Using the newspaper bag with Penny Black’s “leap Of Joy” die I cut out 5 deer.
These were glued to the card front.
On another piece of kraft card stock I stamped the “joy”, unknown company, with StazOn jet black ink, trimmed out with scissors and glue dotted to the front of the card.

3 comments:

  1. I love those bags ... they used them at my favorite childhood theme park ... and the paper makes fabulous reindeer ... so glad you celebrated Earth Day with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Arlene - love the way you used the paper bag - that is one wonderful recycle !
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautifully dramatic card and am awesome "rescue" of the gorgeous vintage inspired bag! so pleased you could celebrate earth day with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!