Monday, April 22

infused...


Wanting to try and do some alcohol inks with vellum was my inspiration for this card.
The base card is kraft card stock with a layer of dark brown textured card stock.
The main piece is white card stock spritzed with Distress vintage photo Oxide Spray and stamped in the lower left corner with a verse from MFT Stamps “Cup Of Tea” using Distress Archival vintage photo ink.
The tea pot was made with green card stock die cut with MFT
 Die-namics “Tea Party” Tea it and run through the Big Kick with Crafter’s Companion “Autumn Leaves” 3D embossing folder.
To make the “drop” of tea I used cloudy vellum and dripped Adirondack latte alcohol ink blowing it around with a straw.
I folded it over on itself to die cut the drop from MFT Die-namics “Color Drops STAX”.
Next I peeled it apart and glue it to the main piece before adding the pot.


4 comments:

  1. Wow - what a dramatic card Arlene - love it!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! Love that large drop! And thanks so much for stopping by my place too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tea and that huge drop could fill a whole cup. You've been fabulously creative here - great techniques and great design. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the challenge! The colors you chose reflect the photo very well and I love the idea with the splashes of color. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!