Sunday, March 24

stenciling the old way...


This card required changing up the colors to match the inks that I had.
Old Olive = Distress Ink Peeled Paint
Sahara Sand = Distress Ink Pumice Stone
Pacific Point = Distress Ink Salty Ocean

Using white card stock for the base card I applied the Tim Holtz “Blossom” stencil over the top and using my very, very old small stencil brushes I applied the inks.
The verse is made up of words from Tim Holtz “Traveler’s Words,Thin” then die cutting them using Tim Holtz Darice Color Core pumice stone card stock.
Once I trimmed out to give a negative effect I glued it to the front of the card.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. The flowers down the side remind me of watercolor. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Stenciled flowers are absolutely beautiful! Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is stunning! Wonderful use of the colors - love the softness! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous and I love the fact that you used the negative for the sentiment. I need to do this more often - which means being a bit neater with my die cutting!! Thank you for joining us for this week's CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!