Thursday, March 7

movie challenge...


For my last birthday my hubby had me place an order with Lawn Fawn and as a gift they sent me the Party Panda set of stamps and dies.
This lead me to a favorite Jack Black movie,
Kung Fu Panda as the inspiration for the card.
The base car is white card stock with layers of black, kraft and gold card stock.
On the gold piece I stamped the verse from Lawn Fawn’s “Jump For Joy” with Gina K amalgam ink.
On a piece of white card stock and a piece of kraft card stock I stamped the panda from Lawn Fawn’s “Party Panda” set with the same ink as above.
USing a fine line black marker I drew n the “pants” that the Kung fu panda wears on the kraft panda and cut them out.
Using the die from the set I die cut the white panda and glued on the pants.
With a piece of scrap paper I die cut a mound using Lawn Fanw’s “Simple Stitched Hillside Borders” and masked the top of a white card stock rectangle before sponging Distress Oxide gathered twigs ink.
Now using the other side of the mask I placed that over he hill I just  made and sponged Distress Oxide fossilized amber and candied apple inks.
With a sun ray stencil I sponged the fossilized amber over the top of the rectangle.
I applied a piece of black card stock to this and taped it to the card.
To finish I applied the panda with a small action wobble spring.









3 comments:

  1. Great to be inspired by "Kung Fu Panda". What a fun card you created. I just love that background. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Lawn Fawnatics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute - I just went to Cheng Du in China and Kung Fu pandas were everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i instantly knew this was Kung Fu Panda!!! soooo adorable! love the background, too!! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!