Monday, February 18

Tim Holtz 2...


Not only is this my second posting while playing with my Tim Holtz collection but this is also the two card challenge!
The card on the left is a white card stock base card.
On another piece of white card stock I stamped the star from Tim Holtz’s “Americana” set with Distress picket fence paint and dried it with the heat tool.
Next I masked all but the square corner and sponged it with Distress blueprint sketch ink.
Now I masked the corner and sponged Distress picket fence paint through the Tim Holtz stripes stencil then dried it with the heat tool before sponging it with Distress candied apple ink.
Before applying the main piece I used the “thanks” die from Tim Holtz’s “Autumn” set then glued it to the front of the card.
For the second card I stamped the star using Distress fossilized amber marker and floated out the color with a water brush.
Net I used the Tim Holtz “rays” stencil sponging Distress Oxide fossilized amber ink onto the card front.
To finish I stamped the verse from Tim Holtz”saying Stuff” with Distress Archival vintage photo ink.



4 comments:

  1. Two great designs, Arlene! I love both and all the masking and stenciling you did! You're a whiz with Tim's products!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #13! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful Twofer! I love your patriotic design and the look of the Picket Fence white with the blue and red inks! Your glowing yellow star is bright, bold, and beautiful! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love both your cards! Wow! The wood-look background on the "thanks" card is so realistic, and it appears as though the word has been cut into it with a scroll saw or something. It blows me away. Fantastic design for the birthday card, too. Clever and artistic job on both cards. I'm so glad to see these in our Twofer challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your star spangled thanks card puts me in mind of an artsy stars and stripes flag, Arlene ... what a cool and stylish design! The stencilled star light on your second card seems to glow ... love how you've set the star off the edge to allow more light to shine! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!