Sunday, February 24

pop up box cards...


If yo follow my blog you know a while back I found these box cards and could not stop making them!!!
After making this one today I think I will have to make more.
The base of my box is cream card stock 5.5”x8.5”.
This is scored at 2’,4”,6” & 8” along the long edge.
Then flip it to the short edge and score at 2.75”.
You cut the 2,4,6,8 to the score line in the middle.
The 1/4” end you trim right off.
The 1/4” end on the other side it what you glue to the box back to make the box.
You can do as many layers as you like.
I chose two layers.
Here’s how many I cut from the grey card stock...
2 (1-7/8”x5-3/8”)
6 (1-7/8”x2-5/8”)
Here’s what I cut from the patterned paper pack “Measure, Mix & Stir” by Paper Studio...
2 (1-3/4”x5-1/4”)
6 (1-3/4”x2-1/2”)
These I taped to the card.
Next I stamped the images and verse from MFT Stamps “Recipe for Happiness” using Gina K amalgam ink and colored them with Studio 71 markers.
Finally I made the braces for inside the card...
2 (2-1/2”x1/4”)
These I scored at 1/4” from each end and applied them inside the card with glue dots.
To give the “chefs” the look of floating I cut three pieces of acetate (in this case is it was the plastic from a tape roll package).
Then I glue dotted the “chefs” onto the acetate then the acetate to the braces inside the card.
My one hit before taping anything in is to make sure when you close the card they stay within the closed card!


5 comments:

  1. WOW!! This is fabulous!! I love this so much!! Such cute images. Well done!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Back to Basics and Beyond. It's perfect for our challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... how inventive.
    Love this pop up box.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Back to Basics and Beyond challenge blog.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous pop-up box love the chefs and great neutral papers
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a yummy pop-up box. Just love the little chefs and the sentiment. TY for joining us at Back to Basics and Beyond :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute pop-up, I love the papers you used and adorable chefs! Thanks for joining us at Back to Basics and Beyond.
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!