Saturday, January 19

coffee dad...


When asked to make a masculine card for a challenge I do always head back to my Tim Holtz products.
The base card is kraft card stock with a layer of dark green card stock.
The embossed piece is kraft card stock that I stenciled with Tim Holtz “splatters” stencil and Distress gathered twigs ink.
Then I ran it through the Big Kick with the embossing folder from the Tim Holtz “Coffee Time” set.
On a strip of kraft card stock I stamped the letters to spell “dad” using Tim Holtz “lower block foam stamps” and Distress pine needles ink.
I stencil this piece as I did for the background, layered onto a strip of green card stock and applied it to the card front.
On another piece of kraft card stock I stamped the coffee cup from the same Tim Holtz set twice, onto white card stock once using StazOn timber brown ink.
Using the dies From the set I die cut the kraft cup and a sleeve from green card stock.
I trimmed out the circle for the sleeve from the other kraft cup.
Once they were all glued together I glued it to the card front.

4 comments:

  1. What a great card, love the use of kraft paper and fabulous background!
    Thank you so much for joining in at Allorts challenge "Make it Masculine" this week. Hope you'll play along again soon!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Striking masculine card Arlene - love the background stencilling and embossing. Great colours too, for a masculine card.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card for our 'Make it Masculine' theme at Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Embossing folder and image, great design too. Thank you for joining our 'Masculine' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!