Saturday, January 19

a silent night...


Most Christmas cards are based on snow.
But since this was “Silent Night” and the birth of Christ took place in Bethlehem, I decided to have the shepherd out in the desert.
The base card is white card stock.
Onto that I placed more white card stock cut into mounds using MFT Die-namics “Stitched Snow Drifts”, which I also cut masks with.
Next I used Unity Stamp Co.’s “Reason for the Season” set and stamped the card front with the verse, sheep and shepherd.
On postit notes I also stamped sheep and the shepherd and attached them to the images on the card.
The shading was done with JudiKins color duster brushes with Distress brushed corduroy and chipped sapphire.
After removing the masks I colored the shepherd with Prisma pencils.


4 comments:

  1. I think that your card is wonderful. And yes I agree about all the cards with snow on them. But I'm a little biased living in the southern hemisphere. Thanks for playing along with us at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.
    Tracy B - Design Team Member 52CCT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this desert Christmas scene - so lovely to see a non-snow Christmas cards (I too am from the Antipodes)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love the scene in desert. Thank you for playing with us in 52CCT. Goga

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute and your are right about the snow! A great way to make the hills. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!