Tuesday, September 11

a rainy day...


Reading to my granddaughter is one of my life’s pleasures!
In one of her books was an inspiration for white card stock under an umbrella.
The base card is white card stock with a layer of black card stock.
The main piece is white linen card stock and I stamped the kitty from MFT Stamps “Feline Better” and the girl from MFT Stamps “Showering You With Love” using MFT “extreme Black” hybrid ink.
Using my Faber Castell Polychromos pencils I colored the kitty and the girl.
Next I drew in the puddles and the droplets with and Ultra Fine Point Sharpie marker.
Next I used four colors of blue and teal polychromos to color the rain.
To make the raindrops I used the pencils to make a dot and then flick the pencil upwards.
To finish the card I stamped the verse from MFT Stamps “Birdie Brown Greetings Galore” with Versmark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder on a strip of black card stock.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you used textured card stock for the main panel. Thank you for joining in the Superstar Contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww..what a Sweet scene! Thank you for joining in the Superstar Contest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!