Sunday, June 10

quilty kindness...


I’ll try and make the story behind this card short...
Hubby and I went on a road trip yesterday to the Finger Lakes area of New York.
Hubby went to a train shop and I found a quilt shop down the street.
I knew I would be a while so I checked out everything they had, purchased some fabric and taped with the owner about making a replacement potato microwave bag for a friend.
She told me I shouldn’t use batting with seeds in it.
She suggested what they sold, but I didn’t need a crib size.
As I was finished and leaving she called me over to the counter and GAVE me a piece of batting she had as excess.
It works perfectly.
This card will be for Val at...

Now the card is a linen white card stock.
Using a Heidi Swapp stencil and Crayola pencils I colored it to look like a quilt.
The verse is stamped with StazOn jet black ink using a stamp from Jillian Vance’s “Sew Special”.


3 comments:

  1. Good choice for the challenge. I love geometrics...and this pattern works so well with the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so clever to combine the pattern with that sentiment , gorgeous card. Thank you fo rplaying at AAA cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks amazing! Just had to read your post to discover how you created that wonderful quilt inspired pattern. Love it! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!