Thursday, May 3

new home...

Inky Paws Challenge 71...Color

This card may not win a prize for this challenge and that’s okay.
But when I saw the colors that were the challenge this background piece was perfect.
It comes from a day of art with my granddaughter.
This piece was made with water color paper and Twistable Watercolor Crayons that I bought at Target.
Had I stopped there it would have met the challenge, but I needed a card for a friend who just moved in with her boyfriend and Newton fit the bill!
I’m trying to create for these challenges, cards that I can use!
I stamped Newton from Newton’s Nook Designs “Newton’s Summer” with StazOn jet black ink and added more mounds with Prisma Premiere fine line black marker.
Then it was time to color him with Prisma pencils and trimm him out and attach him to the color piece before attaching him to black card stock.
Next I attached him to the main card a little off so I had rook to stamp the verse from Stampin’ Up’s “Holiday Home” set with the same ink.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you've used this beach stamp for a new home! So clever! Your rainbow-like backdrop looks lovely too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Inky Paws Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! Love how you used the challenge colors! Thanks for joining us at the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!