Sunday, April 15

even a little cup of coffee...


Each time I try something new I look it up on YouTube.
Though lately I watch each video then find another way to do it.
I’m not saying my way is better but I just find a way that works for me.
I purchased my first sets of Tim Holtz Distress crayons and found a video.
Here’s how I did it...
Using water color paper and 3 Distress crayons I smeared them over the paper.
Next I spritzed it all over and smeared the colors with my fingers.
I dried it with my heat tool.
Using the Tim Holtz layering stencil “splatters” I laid it on the piece and with a wet sponge I pulled the color off.
I also had a paper towel nearby if the sponge was too wet.
That’s how I got the look above.
Once it was dry I ran it through the BigKick with my Tim Holtz coffee embossing folder for texture.
I also distressed the edge and sponged some Distress ink over the edges.
I layered that onto cream card stock then onto a brown base card.
On another piece of cream card stock I die cut the cup sleeve using the Tim Holtz Alterations “fresh brewed” die then stamped the words from Tim Holtz clear stamps “nature’s elements” with Distress ink and sponged it before glue dotting it to the card front.

1 comment:

  1. Great coffee themed card, I love how you have added the texture and great use of the crayons.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Have a great day x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!