Thursday, March 8

on national women's day...

...I found a challenge for "ladies Only".

The base card is white linen card stock with a rectangle die cut front the front.
I had just seen the following video by Jennifer McGuire and it inspired me...
For my flower piece I used water color paper, Unity Stamp Co.'s "donna poppies", Versamark ink, white embossing powder, heat tool, Distress Oxide candied apple ink and a water color brush.
I pretty much followed the video but made it a full background.
Once it was dry I applied it to the back of the front of the base card.
On another piece of white linen card stock I stamped the image from Kindred Stamps "Frida Kahlo" with StazOn jet black ink and colored it with Prisma pencils.
Once I trimmed her out with scissors I attached her to the card front.

To all the ladies...
Happy National Women's Day

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous background and a sweet image.
    Thank you for joining our 'Ladies only' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Challenge
    "Ladies Only";-))m

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!