Saturday, February 10

Another way to color...


...paper piecing.

and

Though I will admit it is much easier to use markers, paints or pencils.
Some of these pieces were really small!
Using more of my Lasting Impressions scraps and one large piece of their card stock for the base card I started with a purple check base card and added a black card stock layer.
Next using a piece of white card stock I stamped the "tea background" stamp (unknown company) using Distress bundled sage ink then sponging around the edge with the same ink before applying it to the front of the card.
Afetr applying the black card stock strip I started stamping the pieces to paper piece the main image, "Spring & Bloom" from Unity Stamp Co.
I stamped the image on white card stock once, then on light green card stock twice, purple card stock twice and green card stock twice from the Lasting Impressions collection.
Then it was time to trim out all the itty bitty pieces and apply them to the main image on the white card stock.
NOTE:
Recently I used my AC Moore coupon to this bottle for glue in the quilling section.


Worth every penny (it wasn't that much).
I fill it with Elmer's glue that I bought at the "back to school" sales for an inexpensive and precise gluing.
After the glue dried on all the pieces I trimmed the image with scissors and used glue dots to attach it to the card front.


3 comments:

  1. The title of your post says it all.....paper piecing is another way to color your cards.
    Yours is beautiful, love the beautiful shade of lilac on your flowers and vase, beautifully done!!!
    Thank you for sharing with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you play again next time.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the tip for buying that fine tip bottle for glue is AWESOME!!!!! I'm going to go get me a couple tomorrow, thank you!!

    Maria Rodriguez.DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card,love your beautiful paper pieced flowers too. The text background sets it so well also. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!