Sunday, October 22

Another goodie from Tim Holtz...

While shopping at Michael's I found a clearance on the Tim Holtz Distress Alcohol Ink Kit and decided to give it a try.

The base card is black card stock and the front piece is also black card stock that I die cut using the globe from Tim Holtz Sizzix's "Snow Globe".
The in-between piece is white card stock that I placed the stencil that comes with the kit over and spritzed with carved pumpkin and wilted violet Distress spray stains.
Once they were dry I die cut the kids and tree from Tim Holtz Sizzix's "trick Or Treat Combo" set and used the negative as a stencil with Distress Oxide black soot ink to stencils the images.
I finished this piece with sponging of the black soot then glued all the pieces together.
The verse from Tim Holtz "Things/Talk" set was stamped to the card front using Colorbox frost white ink.
On white card stock I stamped the dog from Tim Holtz "crazy Dogs" and the pumpkin from Tim Holtz "Things/Talk" sets using StazOn jet black ink.
These were colored with Prisma pencils and cut out.
I went around the edges with permanent black ink and sponged them a bit before craft knife cutting a mouth to hold the pumpkin.
All of the dog and pumpkin were glue dotted to  the card front to finish the card.

2 comments:

  1. The inking and sprays is really nice. I like the dark colors and how you highlighted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! What a great idea to use the snowglobe die for the background, it turned out really well, especially with all the texture and the silhouettes. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!