Thursday, July 27

I just couldn't stick to the exact sketch...

I don't know about you but I can't buy every single thing from every single company to make every exact sketch.
But I can use it as a starting off point and use what I have...
Sketch Challenge 343 #mftstamps

As you can see I started with a grey/beige polka dot base card and, as per the sketch, I added the grey/brown stripe of the right.
Next I die cut the frame using Sizzix "dotted squares" die.
No, it isn't the MFT frame but it was one I had.
No, it isn't the oval because I didn't have one that would fit on the card.
I stamped the girl from MFT "milk & cookies" on white card stock using StazOn jet black ink.
She was colored using Crayola pencils.
I glued the frame to her square and attached it to the card front.
The verse is from the same set and I stamped it onto white card stock using the same StazOn ink.
I then trimmed it down and cut, with scissors, the flags on each end.
That was then applied to the grey/brown strip and that strip was trimmed with scissors as well.
Finally, when I couldn't find my pink sequins, I used the pearls that I did have!

So, there you go folks, not exactly like the sketch but close enough that I think my Granddaughter will like it!

2 comments:

  1. I love your take on the sketch and agree that your granddaughter will, too! I always thought the challenges just want us to be inspired by their sketches and we are not meant to copy them precisely. Of course, neither do they want us to go wildly off course, lol! What you've done is perfect!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also didn' have the oval to make an exact look but I think it is great to use the sketch as a starting point and then use what we have :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!