Sunday, July 16

Blessing the Navy...


My salute is to my hubby this summer as his birthday rolls around again.
He is a disabled veteran of the Vietnam war where he served in the Navy and I am very proud of him.
I started with a white linen card stock base card and added a teal layer after running through the BigKick with  Sizzix embossing folder.
Next came a strip of red linen card stock and one of navy blue card stock.
The patterned paper has all the colors I wanted so I cut out a rectangle and added that.
On a small piece of white linen card stock I stamped the "God bless" from an unknown company using Distress ink fired brick.
Once that was glued to the card I felt it needed one more thing so I stamped the anchor from Stampin' Up's "the open sea" set onto white linen card stock using Adirondack denim ink.
I cut it out and added it to the card front for the finishing touch!

2 comments:

  1. Such a nice card and such a great reason for making it too! Bless his heart and thank him for serving from all of us in the USA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun patriotic card you made for your hubby! Happy birthday to him! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps! this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!