Thursday, June 15

Well,it's been a while...

,,,and I've been doing a lot but not stamping.
Vacations, sewing, knitting, reading, gardening, planning more vacations and Spring cleaning (yuck)!

Now I'm hoping to get a bunch of posts up before I head back to the sewing machine to make Christmas presents.

I was also watching a bunch of you tube videos for new inspiration in my card making.



I found the following YouTube video for ...


...and then I did exactly what I wanted.

I started with a piece of white card stock for the base card and added layers of black, aqua and green.
For the main piece I used the lady in the boat image from Stampin' Up's "Summer By the Sea" (2006) on white card stock with StazOn Jet Black ink.
I found a piece of acetate from a card set and stamped the image on it using the StazOn and very quickly laid it under the first image.
I gently smoothed it to make the "mirror".
using my Prisma color pencils I colored the main image a little darker than the "mirror" image.
I colored the entire front of the card, missing the main image but coloring over the "mirror" image.
Next I took my eraser and smoothed out the entire card except for the main image.
I trimmed everything, ripped the one edge of the main piece and taped everything to the base card.
To finish I stamped the verse from a My Favorite Things set, from at least three years ago, to the front of the card using the StazOn.

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully done! I love that stamped image and was the perfect choice for this technique. Wonderful job coloring as well. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber and hope you will be back in our gallery soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I love this, the mirror stamping is awesome, I need to give this ago. Thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, love the mirrored stamping. Thanks for joining Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! awesome card, so peaceful and beautifully colored. Thank you for sharing the video on how to do the mirror image technique, it's simply fabulous.
    So glad you shared your beautiful card with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again soon.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!