Wednesday, May 10

Why am I doing sympathy cards?

I have mentioned before that I belong to a card ministry at a friend's church.
I try and keep her in the cards she needs.
At the moment she is out of sympathy cards so I am going to make those and get well cards, something else she is short on, for a bunch of the challenges I do for awhile.


The card is white card stock.
Using Close to My Heart's "Beloved Bouquet" (1/1/2016) I stamped the solid part first by sponging Distress victorian velvet ink on the stamp and stamping it on the card front.
I made masks for the roses and using the leaf and Distress shabby shutters ink I did the same for the leaf solid.
I stamped the outline of the roses first with StazOn jet black ink.
The leaf outlines were done using the same ink.
To finish I stamped the verse, unknown company, using the StazOn and sponged the Distress shabby shutters ink around the outside of the card front.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the flowers and your coloring. Great take on the challenge. I find sympathy cards are so hard to make, but this one is pretty. Thanks for joining Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This beautiful sympathy card will certainly be loved and appreciated by whomever receives it! Your coloring is wonderful. Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sympathy cards are hard to make but you must have some on hand.
    Yours is beautiful, without any distracting elements, your flowers just shine.
    Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again next time.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I like the flowers off of the edge, really beautiful colouring. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely heartfelt sympathy card! Love your colors! The masking technique is time consuming but ever so worth it. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber. Hope to see you play often with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Masking is one of those techniques that take a lot of time but give such a fabulous result. Beautiful work! I like the soft distressing around the edge too: such a lovely finishing detail. Thanks so much for joining us at Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!