Thursday, April 13

Cheapo strikes again...

For this card I was shopping at WalMart because someone online said they had inexpensive water color paper.
They did, but I also found FolkArt stencils for $2 something.
Right there in the store I had the idea to use my watercolor pencils with the stencil.


The whole card is watercolor paper and after I folded it in half I laid the FolkArt "Debbie's Floral" stencil on the front and outlined around the stencil.
I took my watercolor brush to it to bland out the colors.
Once it was totally dry, I stamped the Paper Smooches "friend" from their "Bosom Buddy" set using StazOn jet black ink.

Please note...the color for the flower in actuality matches the challenge perfectly but for some reason it is showing up darker and pinker that the original card???

1 comment:

  1. Great use of the stencil! Love the soft look you got from the watercolor pencils. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!