Thursday, March 23

Using scraps and YouTube...


I don't know about you but I really like the Jennifer McGuire YouTube instructions!
I found this one and decided to make a card like it...


As you can see it didn't turn out the same, however I realized why.
I used what I had in the house instead of buying new stamps.
It's true that why she does this, it's her business to represent the companies.
But I don't get free stuff to work with , so I just use what I have.
Honestly, I don't think it turned out too bad.
I used a long flower and leaf stamp by Magenta that I have had for years.
I stamped it twice to try and get more width out of it!
I think my biggest mistake was using the checkered paper as it doesn't show the contrast as well.
Unlike Jennifer I did not stamp a verse on the cards. 
I thought I would save that for when I need to use a card.
"If" I ever get a huge floral stamp I will try it again.
In the meantime I will be trying more of her videos with what I have and we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!