Saturday, March 4

Quilting took over...

so that is why I haven't posted in a while!

This morning I heard news from two friends that made me clear the sewing decks and get back to card making.

This post is about my friend who lost her kitty.

MFT Sketch Challenge 322 #mftstamps
and
and

I started with a creamy yellow linen card stock for the base card and using my Fiskars trimmer I cut another piece of cream linen card stock smaller.
I carefully trimmed inside the second piece leaving a quarter inch "frame" around the outside.
I trimmed out a piece of grey card textured card stock and applied it to the base card before adding the "frame".
On another piece of the cream I stamped the kitten from MFT "Our Story" and the books from the same kit using StazOn jet black ink and making sure the kitty was directly on top of the books with my Misti!
I used my Prisma color pencils for the coloring. 
I love the way the pencils look on the linen card stock.
On another piece of the cream linen I stamped the verse from MFT "Clearly Sentimental About Pets" using the StazOn.
I trimmed that piece and added a piece of black textured card stock to it before attaching it to the front of the card.
Last I glue dotted the kitty and the books which I cut out with scissors.

Sadly I have had to use this set for so many friends who have lost their pets.

2 comments:

  1. A fab deaign and a kind thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your CAS card
    with that sketch perfect color and too cute Image
    Wonderfully made
    Many thanks to joining with us at ATSM this week
    hugs
    Monika (ATSM DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!