Sunday, March 5

Looking up the year...

I have a lot of older stamps and finally found a challenge where I can use them proudly...however...they require a year that the stamps were made.
At first I figured that's it, how will I know when they were made.
But the internet has come to the rescue again.


I started by looking up the year that this Stampin Up set was released...2011!
I stamped the birds using StazOn jet black ink on red, green and yellow card stock and punched them out using the coordinating punch.
The base card  is green and I die cut the tree with Taylored Expressions "Shade Tree Cutting Plate" and white card stock.
I glued everything together and to finish the card I used the verse that came with the set and the StazOn black ink.


9 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful, and made me smile - love the pretty birds! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is delightful. It's like I can hear the little birdies singing. Just so charming. Love all the bright colors.
    pjs-projects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great to be able get out your older stamps again? This is a fabulous card: so bright and cheery and clever. The die cut tree is a perfect nest for those vibrant birds. The verse you've added is so sweet too. I really like what you've done with our colour inspiration challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Using the Bird Builder set is perfect for this time of year! Love it! That tree is so cool!! And don't worry about the age of the set you use too much, we just want something approximate. Plus you can always look up Stampin Up sets in Splitcoaststampers. That's where I find my information. Thank you for playing along with our color challenge at Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card! I love the birds and the background of your card. The colors are perfect for the challenge. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. I love the bold colors you used and the white tree. Thanks for sharing it at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. Good luck! Debi TT DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow how joyful and inspiring your card is! The birds in the tree! Love that idea! Super great card!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable, the beautifully bright birdies in your neutral tree. Love it! Thanks for playing along at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to use the color palette to make birds! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!