Tuesday, March 14

I don't usually copy a card this close but...

this bunny is perfect for my Granddaughter as it looks exactly like one I gave her last Easter and she rarely puts it down!

The set I used to stamp this card is Verve Stamps "Hip Hop Bunnies" from 2016.
I found this great reminder from Jennifer McGuire about masking and thought I would use it!


The base card is made of white linen card stock and I used paper tape to mask the left side and bottom of the card.
I stamped the bunny on a pot-it note and trimmed it out to  cover the stamped bunny, using StazOn jet black in, on the card front.
I stamped the verse from the same set using the same ink.
I die cut a piece of scrap patterned paper using my Taylored expressions "Grass Border Die".
I placed it on the card and sponged Adirondack stonewashed ink for the sky.
Using the bottom of the cut paper I masked the sky and sponged the grass using Adirondack lettuce ink.
I removed all the masks and colored the bunny, to match my Granddaughter's bunny, with Prismacolor pencils.

I may not win with this idea, as Jennifer McGuire inspired me, but at least I am sharing the technique with others!



7 comments:

  1. What a sweet bunny! Your masking technique is very nice and gives the illusion on a layer. I will have to try that! Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber and hope to see you back in our gallery soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable bunny! I am certain your granddaughter would love this image of her own bunny. The masked background is perfect to showcase the bunny. Thanks so much for the reminder of this neat technique and for sharing with Retro Rubber. Hope to see you in our gallery often.

    (I took the time to research the bunny stamp... it was released in March 2016 so it meets our one year request... just a note for our design team. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the clean lines of this card. I'm a bit of a sucker for masking and sponging and this is a wonderful example. So very sweet. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet and adorable bunny! So cute! Beautiful job on the masking and sponging - something I should do more of! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute bunny, love the masking and your CAS card. Thanks for joining Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet and nothing wrong with a CASE. I love to do it and I think it's quite complimentary. Love the sponged background too. Thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this little bunny set...so cute. Nice job on masking; a technique that I still need to work on. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!