Tuesday, August 23

Sparkling challenge...

It is very difficult to get the glitter, shimmer or sparkle to show on a card when you post it to your blog.
Last time I used glitter glue and it didn't seem to show at all.
This time I am trying embossing powder.


 I think I succeeded.
The base card is white and I made the panel by running the top through my Cuttlebug in a Darice embossing folder with Distress ink (faded jeans) on the more solid side.
The two red birds are cut from card stock using Paper Smooches "Seasonal Tree" die.
I just received an order from Simon Says Stamps with their "Falling Snow" stencil so I used that over the dry embossed image and sponged Colorbox white ink through the holes.
The embossing powder I sprinkled over the wet dots was "white jewels" by Old Town Crafts.

Hopefully this will show enough to qualify for the challenge!

2 comments:

  1. oh i love this. Yes, I can see the sparkle! but it is very difficult to catch it on camera... often the real deal is so much sparklier! I love the simplicity of the red birdies, but just the perfect pop of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a serene card. I have found when you don't see the obvious sparkle on a blog, just a slight enlargement of the photo can make it really apparent. However, with your card I didn't even have to enlarge. Sparkly snow! Great job and thanks for entering Tuesday Throwdown's Make It Sparkle challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!