Tuesday, August 16

Sometimes you just need a "little" something...


This card was made for a dear friend who is going through a very tough time right now.
I pray for her daily but I need to do those "little" things that help when you are in this low place.

This "little" card will be perfect for her.
She loves kitties and I hope Autumn is just around the corner.

Starting with a cream card stock I cut a 4.25" x 8.50" base card.
This way when folded in half it will fit in an A2 envelope and not cost more to send.
Using the Impression Obsession stamp F1270, leaf squares, I stamped it using Staz-On timber brown.
Found my chalk pencils and started blending colors to look like my oak tree in the side yard when Autumn is here.
I trimmed it down and trimmed out a backing of dark brown card stock to layer onto the base card.

Knowing my friend likes kitties I got out my Impression Obsession die #DIE083-K.
So now a little kitty can look out the window at the lovely leaves and acorns. 

Do you know someone who could use a little pick me up?

2 comments:

  1. Saw this pretty card at the IO win post, and just had to come for a closer look. Beautiful jov with the leaves and the kitty is a sweet accent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on winning the IO squared contest! I too came for a closer look -- your colouring is fantastic and what a great idea to put the image on a black trim with the kitty diecut.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!