Wednesday, August 3

Photo inspiration...


I loved the colors on this inspiration and thought they would work well with my Stampin Up Swallowtail.
 
I stamped the butterfly first onto watercolor paper using Versamark ink. Don't know how I would ever get a perfect image with a large stamp like this if it wasn't for my Misti Tool.

I then dipped it into clear embossing powder and tapped it off.
Over to the heat tool to set the powder then back to the table to smear water all over the card.
I used Distress ink pads to smear (I like this word) color onto my card front, which came with the feathered look at the bottom.
Using my water color brush I, you guessed it, smeared the color all over the front.
After allowing it to dry I layered it onto a cream, square base card.
The "believe" is from Stampin Up and I punched it out using a Stampin Up oval punch then applied it with foam tape.

What a wonderful collection of cards I now have from doing all these challenges.

Have YOU tried any challenges?
Go for it! 
Last week I even won a challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Love this Arlene. I was lucky enough to get one! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watercolor resist! I love the effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the large butterfly with the w/c wash, so pretty.
    Thanks for being inspired by the photo at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!