Sunday, February 14

Salty Sunday...

This post is my submission for day 14 of the


I have looked at many tube videos on how to use salt in your water coloring. Most were long winded.
 I like quick and easy with pictures provided.
Here's my take on water coloring with salt.
 I used Strathmore water color paper and taped it to my extra clip board using painter's tape.
 Apply water liberally to the paper with a wide brush.

 Next drop Distress ink from a re-inker.

Immediately spread it over the whole paper using the wide brush with more water.

I tossed coarse sea salt crystals over the piece and heated it with a heat tool until mostly dry.
I brushed the salt off the piece into the garbage, took off the tape and allowed the piece to air dry until I needed it. 

These are the supplies for the fishy card, as well as Stampin' Up Fishy Friends, white card stock, StazOn black for the image and Distress markers to color the fish.
I also added bubbles using "glossy accents" by Ranger. 


 Because we are still getting snow I felt I HAD to add this scene which I did exactly the same but using chipped sapphire Distress stain. The dies are from Penny Black.

Hope you can follow my directions. 
They are simple because it is a simple technique! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!