Thursday, February 11

A tossed aside stamp...

My submission for day 11 of
uses a stamp that a friend decided she didn't need any more.
 I try not to grab stamps that others discard but this one was a background stamp and I had just learned that all my background stamps will work now with my Misti!

I knew my Distress Markers would work for this but I wanted to play with my Marvy Markers that I had pulled out of the basement the other day!
Using two greens I inked up the "stem" area. 
Then taking two pinks I colored the "floral" part.
I sprayed a bit of water and stamped it.
The first stamping was very bold so I misted again and stamped.
This time the green was what I wanted but I lost the pinks!
To fix it I cut the "florals" out of the original stamping and they showed perfectly.
 Plus I had some shadowing around them now.
 
So glad my friend decided she was done with this stamp.
Now I can go through my stamps I don't use and take them to our next stamping group.

No comments:

Post a Comment