Thursday, August 4

flowers….


A while back I made a bunch of background with Distress inks and stencils.
I inked the stencils, spritzed them and used them as a stamp on water color paper.
Once dry I sponged the same colors as the images to blend the background together.
The base card is white. card stock.
I trimmed down a piece of the background and used it as a strip on the base card.
From more white card stock I die cut a white flower, then cut a circle from the remaining stenciled image for it’s center.
Using a stamp from My Favorite Things Stamps “Itty Bitty Summer” and Distress Oxide villainous poison I stamped it on white card stock and die cut it with the coordinating die.
I glued them all together then foam taped it to the card front.



3 comments:

  1. Love your background here Arlene - great use of the stencil and sponging over the print.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arlene, That background looks amazing! I am definitely going to have to give that a try soon. Pretty card! Thanks for playing along in our Special challenge at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing background!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!