Sunday, July 13

Why am I called Sundaystamper???

A bit of background to go with my card this week.
I was lucky enough to be able to stay home with my sons as they were growing up. I did odd jobs, too many to mention, when my husband was home. Having a son with a disability meant someone always had to be there.
Lucky for me I was able to join a bunch of wonderful ladies on the internet stamping sites. This lead me to teach on the sites, mostly on (you guessed it) Sunday.
Once my youngest went to a group home I was able to work outside the home more. But that meant more "Sunday stamping"!
So now when I want to enter my challenges and do my thing,
 I still want to be know as Sundaystamper.

Today's card is such fun
. I found a challenge on


I have a certain set of Verve stamps that I adore!!!
It's called  "Blue Skies" and I also bought the butterfly dies that go with it. The sayings are so perfect for cheering someone up or giving them encouragement.


The Cuttlebug embossing folder is "Juli's Garden".
Obviously I used it for straight embossing for the green card stock. BUT...
the real fun was inking up the one side with lots of Tim Holtz Distress inks, spritzing them and laying the watercolor paper on it to soak up parts of the image.
 I also used it to cut out the smaller butterfly.

So now you know why I'm Sundaystamper (for  over 25 years)!
Please try some of the challenges.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8/02/2014

    I wondered why you were Sundaystamper. Also, I had no idea you'd been stamping so long--no wonder your cards are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!