Sunday, August 11

It's a positive and negative thing...

that I worked on last week. 
I wanted to get all my upcoming holiday cards 
done so I could get some 
quilting and sewing done before Autumn.
Halloween cards - done
Thanksgiving cards - started
Christmas cards - ideas but not started

Now to the Thanksgiving main card..
 Every time I look at or consider buying more patterned paper hubby says, "PAPER BAD!!!"
To a degree he is right. I have my Grandmother Johnson's hope chest filled, standing on ends, with patterned paper pads. But I LOVE paper. So I decided to clean out some papers by, this will be a shocker, using them!!!
The above card is made from one such pad. I find that when you buy the pads you get a better price than single sheets, and you usually get coordinating papers. Such as the pumpkin and gourd colors in the card above. I stamped them using a Stampin' Up set and brown Staz On ink. Then, while watching "Under the Dome" with hubby I trimmed them out. Enough for 30 cards!!!
I ran the dark brown Bazzill card stock through my Cuttlebug with a large oval die and the kraft cardstock with a slightly smaller oval.
Then ran the kraft card stock through my Cuttlebug with a leaf embossing folder.
Stamped one of my favorite sayings based on a hymn, layer, glue and tape. Card one done. Twenty nine more and Thanksgiving was done.

BUT...

I still had all the ovals left over and , of course, more patterned paper.
Back to the drawing board, actually just back to my craft table!


 I found another wonderful Autumn saying that I stamped with my Kaleidacolor ink pads. Punched a few leaves from the same patterned paper I used on the background and card two done.
Twenty nine more accomplished now I have used both the negative and the positives from my Cuttlebug cuttings!!!

Hope you have a fun time playing with your positives and negatives.

Have a wonderful Autumn if I don't get to post again before then.
As you know I'm now off to make my Christmas cards.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!