Sunday, January 15

Leftovers AKA I was going to throw that out but...

So here is where it begins... last summer I went to Buffalo to shop at Buffalo Stamps & Stuff. I found this darling snowman, called Snowbody Warms my Heart, and saying by Unity Stamp Company.
I wanted to send out something for my people in adult homes as well as the wonderful servicemen who are coming home and need to be welcomed back. The above quick and easy card fit the bill.
I colored the snowman with Marvy markers and stamped off on scrap paper, then realized how pretty the image was on the scrap paper and stamped onto card stock for a card later (more below). I stamped the saying, punched out some snowflakes (EK Success) and corner rounded the edges.
 These two are the "leftovers", the punched out snowflakes and the stamped off snowmen. I wish you could see the brown that I used but my scanner made everything look black instead of the beautiful dark brown. The snowflake background below is a Cuttlebug folder and the Get Well is from Hero Arts. It will be sent out tomorrow to a friend from work who just had surgery.
 I try never to throw anything away that I might be able to use in a future project, but last night really made me think when I watched a show on the Food Network called "Waste". They showed a full meal made for 100 from food that was thrown out or ready to be thrown out just because it wasn't "perfect". 
We should remember this in our food as well as our crafting supplies!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!