Monday, December 26

A wonderful improptu meeting at Michael's...

I don't know, if you all know, that I used to work at The Stamp Pad for lynda Pleckan! So it shouldn't surprise anyone that I HAD to get her the set of Holiday screens (check my posting 2 back) to play with when I saw them on clearance at Michael's for $1.99 (turned out to be $1.49 when I got to the register).
While I was looking at the box in my hand a gentleman next to me asked if I knew what they were for. Assuming he was a husband looking for information I said,"Yes, do you?" Turns out he was the area rep for Hampton Art. (Egg all over my face)
Mr. Gallagher (hope I spelled it right!) was the same rep who used to come into The Stamp pad when I worked there! We had a nice visit and I told him how much I love the Holiday Screens and had used them on my blog!!! 
We parted with holiday greetings and I went to A.C.Moore next, where they were having a sale on their holiday stamps, 50% off. I picked up the Hampton Art cling set called "Cling Merry Christmas" (couldn't beat half price). I brought it home and used it with my Holiday Screen fronts to create the following cards.

The above card has the Holiday screen snowman spritzed with denim blue Adirondack, I stamped the holly from the Hampton Art set applying buttons over the berries. "Very Merry " (from Stampin' Up) was stamped in Adirondack cranberry then punched out with oval punches and backed in green. I then added a paper clip!
 This card was spritzed with the same Adirondack denim using the branch (or what I like to call it...pine cone) Holiday screen. I stamped the Merry Christmas from the Hampton Art cling set, wrapped sheer navy ribbon around the end and applied the snowflake button with a Zot dot!

What a wonderful day playing with my new stamps. Hope you all have time over the next week to try anything new you have. If you don't have anything get out to the stores. Prices are low and stamping supplies last a long time!!!

1 comment:

  1. You make it all sound so easy...and look so fantastic! Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!