Sunday, October 15

Thinking PINK...

and


I have been wanting to try stamping with real leaves for a long time after I saw this video by Gina K...

So before the big winds that are forecast for today come through I went out and grabbed some leaves...
Note to self...go out earlier before they are all eaten by bugs!

The base card is white card stock with a layer of black card stock.
Following the video, but using white card stock for the main piece and Distress Oxide worn lipstick ink, I stamped the leaf.
I also found my fingers weren't hard enough for a good print so I grabbed a nearby plastic spoon and used that for rubbing.
Using my Misti and a verse from MFT "Have Hope", I curled the verse to fit into the curve of the leaf and stamped it using StazOn jet black ink.
To finish I taped it to the card front.

This is one of a set of four I made to give a friend who belongs to a breast cancer group.

I made my appointment for my mammogram...did you?

4 comments:

  1. They are really lovely leaf stamps and make for really striking cards using shades of pink, perfect for our Think Pink theme at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, very effective stamping.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsort 'Think Pink' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful project! Thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS with the pink accents. Thanks so much for sharing your amazing art with us.
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!